Saturday, May 1, 2010

Avatar

So, the other night I watched Avatar.  It was OK.  Really long, though. 

I slept through lots of the boring John Smith Jake / Pocahontas Neytiri love story.  I think that was the right choice.  The last half hour or so is full of great fighting, including a bunch of blue CGI guys versus a bunch of CGI robot guys. 

In summary, long movie.  If you've only got half an hour, watch the last half an hour.  If you've only got a few seconds but still want to get the gist of it, watch from 1:30 to 1:36 of this.  That pretty much sums it up.

2 comments:

the House of Payne said...

Thank you for seeing it so I don't have to. Everyone keeps thinking that I should have seen it already because I'm a nerd, but it just looks stupid to me. It looks like Titanic + Dances with Wolves, and neither of those was much good. Especially the bit where President Roslin 'dances' with Kevin Costner. The very thought of it must cause Bill Adama's mighty mustache to shake with retrospective rage.

Joleen said...

I read the best article about the ridiculousness that occurs after people read this. It was on CNN somewhere. If only I could find it again...

Ah! Here it is!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html

Some people should wake up to reality and get a life.

I'm a Mormon.