Monday, December 29, 2008

Mistborn 2

I just finished the second Mistborn book, and I have to say, it was totally AWESOME. John told me after I read the first one that the second was even better, and I admit I doubted. I no longer lack faith. This book gets a huge A+

Now I am the first to admit that the small-scale writing is not amazing. The dialogue and descriptions are sometimes a bit clunky. But the big things are really incredible. The overall story, the side-plots, the characters, the scheming and intrigue...they more than make up for any small problems in wording.

I warn you, though, if you were the kind of person who didn't like Serenity because they killed Wash, you should not read this book. Brandon Sanderson, like Good Ol' Joss, is not afraid to kill a couple characters. Or a lot of characters. Wow.

I can't wait to get my hands on The Hero of Ages...

No comments:

I'm a Mormon.