Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mmm...pot roast

So, there were two great things that happened today.

First, I made a delicious pot roast. I was very proud because I've never made one before. It was surprisingly easy. First I made a rub with garlic powder, onion salt, and a couple other random spices (I think I used cumin as one). Rubbed it on the roast, seared the sides, and put in a bit of beef bullion (plus about half a packet of Lipton onion soup that I had around). I put a lid on it and simmered it for about 2 hours, then added a whole onion chopped up and 4 chopped up garlic cloves. Simmered for another hour, and added 5 quartered potatoes and 4 or 5 carrots. Simmered till the carrots were done and made gravy out of the juice.

It was really good.

The second thing was watching one of the best Robot Chicken shorts ever. I hate to post another one of these, but it's just so darn funny.

1 comment:

Mollie said...

I recently discovered the secret to make a good pot roast great: soy sauce. Sounds so strange, but it's really delicous - and not as asian as you might think!

I'm a Mormon.