Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Great dinner

The other day I cooked for my dinner group, and I have to say I am pretty proud of how it turned out. First, I made a soup based loosely on this recipe, adding 1/2 pound of sausage, 1/2 a green pepper, some onion, and 4 or so stalks of celery.

Then, I made bread bowls, mostly following this recipe, except that I used wheat flour instead of semolina. The bowls turned out a bit smaller than I expected, but I think that that is due to my not having a good warm place for them to rise. Even though they were slightly smaller than I expected, they were really, really good. And pretty easy to make, even if they were a bit time consuming.

Top it all off with a salad, and call it dinner. It was very enjoyable.

1 comment:

the House of Payne said...

My last night in Texas, we had a roast prepared with a rub and cooked in the crock pot all day. The real treat, though, was the baked potatoes. We coated them with a little oil and then rolled them in kosher salt. Yum. Surprisingly good.

I'm a Mormon.