Saturday, February 27, 2010

Purim Tovim!

Hey, everybody.

Two thoughts.  One is I got accepted to all my graduate schools (even the one I thought I had no chance at).  There'll be more on that later.

Right now I want to talk about Purim.  Today (well, tonight) begins what I think will become my favorite holiday, Purim.  This is the celebration of Ester from the Old Testament.  I'll catch you after the movie.



So, there's the basics.  I'm celebrating this holiday tonight with my Hebrew class, and I think it might become a tradition for me.  Not all the dressing up and whatnot (it's like Halloween in that way), but the rest of it.  Then again, since there is a way more interesting symbolic reason for dressing up on Purim, maybe that will be part of my tradition.  Who knows.

Point is, I love Ester and I think I will love Purim.  So happy Purim, everybody!

No comments:

I'm a Mormon.