Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bare knuckle air hockey

So, the other night Dan Anderson and I were at a friend's house playing air hockey. I'm not sure exactly how it came to this, but one of us got the bright idea of playing without the mallets. We balled up our fists, put them vertically on the table (as in with our arms directly above the hands) and used our fists to hit the puck. It was like bare knuckle boxing, but with air hockey.

This was actually really fun, if somewhat painful and stupid. It made for a much more calculating game, as you had to decide how much it was worth trying to hit the puck on that particular pass, or if you would just let it bounce back and let your opponent take another shot.

One of the pucks we used was not round, but an octagon with pointy corners. That was definitely the hardest. I still have a red mark on my right hand from where I tried a little too hard...

1 comment:

SirloinMasta said...

Anna told me about this. I'm so sad I missed it. It sounds incredibly...dumb. I bet it was a riot.

I'm a Mormon.