Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not my fault

Wow, it's been a busy week. And it's only Tuesday. I've decided that for the sake of my own sanity, I should take a quick break.

I was reading the news when I came across an interesting article. According to researchers, the human brain processes images of objects differently than it processes faces and hair. There are even people who suffer from facial blindness and hair blindness. This means that although they have no other noticeable visual impairment, they just plain don't notice what people look like.

Now, I'm no scientician, but I think that's probably me. I have serious trouble recalling faces, to the point that I honestly had to go find a mirror when I had to put my eye color on my passport application. I just couldn't for the life of me remember what color my eyes are (I seem to remember putting green on the application, but I still don't remember seeing them). I've always wondered if everybody else sees faces the way I do or if I'm just weird. I guess this settles it.

No comments:

I'm a Mormon.