Friday, April 16, 2010

Birthday fest

Tonight was Jenni's birthday.  Actually, I guess all of today was her birthday, but tonight is when we did fun stuff.

Several of us went to the park and had some burgers.  Frisbees were thrown, False Advertising Cake was eaten, and presents were opened.  A good time was had by all.

Then we came home and watched Stardust.  There are just a couple of things I have trouble with in that movie.  If I had to sum it up in three words, they would be Gay Zeppelin Pirate.  I mean, GayZeppelinPirate.  That and the fact that our protagonist goes from a bumbling dork to a swashbuckling stud with long hair in 1 week.  Five days on the pirate ship.  Seriously.  You can't put things like that in a story and expect nerds not to complain.  That's just about standards.

Those things aside, it was a fun night.  And after dealing with the ... shall we say, special?... kids in my Technical Writing Group, I needed a fun night.

No comments:

I'm a Mormon.