Monday, October 24, 2011

I been saying it for years

The key to piracy-control is to make it more convenient to buy products than to steal them.  Video piracy has gone down significantly since Netflix came on the scene.  I read numbers on that a while ago, but now I don't feel like looking them up.  And now, we hear it from Steam, a video game company. 

If only the new NBC execs got this they would be making Hulu bigger instead of trying to kill it slowly.  Sad.  Maybe they should hire me to explain it to them.

1 comment:

Bradwich said...

Amen to this. I find that it is so convenient to watch something on Netflix that I'll watch something there that I'm kind of excited about over "finding" an episode of something I'm really excited about elsewhere. It's all about convenience (and a little about price).

I'm a Mormon.