Monday, May 25, 2009

I suggest a new strategy, R2

For those of you who have never played Monopoly with me, let me start by saying that I am a very accomplished cheater. This is why I don't play Monopoly. Because I always seem to have more money than everyone else. It's a gift.

And by gift I mean "gift of money from the bank when nobody else is looking."

So, I was playing one of my very favorite card games with my nephew Harrison and my brother Sam. Sometimes I forget that playing with kindergartners requires some, shall we say, finesse. Or cheating. It's like that scene from Star Wars. "That's because Droids don't cry and whine all day when they lose." "I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the child win."

Let's just say that I never thought all my years of practice moving money quietly would be put to use in this way. I mean putting money in somebody else's hand? Now that's an accomplishment.

1 comment:

the House of Payne said...

One of my fondest family reunion memories is cheating at Apples to Apples to make sure Katie and Julia would win. People don't realize that you can cheat unselfishly, too, and it's just as much fun but less evil.

I'm a Mormon.