Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Texas

So, according to the news, Texans have been talking lately about seceding from the union. I missed the start of this story, so all I have seen is the commentary on the commentary on the hearsay. I will try to figure out what the heck is going on, but in the meantime, I thought I ought to clear something up for those of you who are confused.

It is a matter of some debate whether or not Texas has it in its constitution (or somewhere else) that Texas is allowed to secede from the Union whenever it wants. I do not care about that debate. Why? Because it doesn't matter what the paper says. If Texas tries to leave the Union, the Union won't let it go. Remember the last time some states decided they didn't want to be part of the good old USA? There was a big war where the good old USA said "too bad, you're with us."

I am from Texas, and mean no disrespect to my patria terra. I just think that it's time to accept that we are Americans too, and should quit talking about leaving. Even if we did somehow manage to win another War of Northern Aggression, it's not like we did that great governing ourselves last time.

2 comments:

the House of Payne said...

I'll mess with Texas.

Bradwich said...

Hehe, Texas... they think the rest of us care.

I'm a Mormon.