Thursday, June 4, 2009

Breaking Bad

So, I finally watched the Breaking Bad finale today. It leaves me with only one thing to say. HOLY CRAP.

I was expecting to be blown away, and I was actually surprised. Not that it was a bad episode, just that it wasn't at all what I expected. Hard to surprise somebody who's waiting to be surprised, but they managed.

I'll try not to give anything away. The events between Walt and Skylar finally satisfied (they've been at the same place for quite a while). That purple monster was a bit disappointing at first, but as I thought about it it was part of a larger idea that I really liked. The whole episode/season/show really was about losing control of life, and the monster really fit in that. Not what I expected, but good. I'm glad Jane got what was coming to her (I guess that was in last week's episode, but what the hey). I really liked her at first, but she really started to make me mad lately. Jesse displayed what I think was his best acting yet. All in all, it was a really good episode. Some finales this season have really done well (LOST), and some have really disappointed (The Office...man that was lame), and I'm glad that Breaking Bad managed to stay on Santa's good list.

2 comments:

the House of Payne said...

How can I see the beginning of this series?

David said...

I believe the whole first season is available for instant watching on Netflix. If not, I have the whole first season, so we can watch it when you come visit. But before you start watching it, I feel obligated to warn you, it is a very heavy show. Really good, but really gritty.

I'm a Mormon.