Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Filthy Hippy Dinner

So, tonight I ate vegetarian. Before you stop reading in disgust, let me explain: all the meat was in the freezer and I was too hungry to wait to thaw it. I promise to make it up by eating 3 pounds of meat tomorrow. Before noon.

So, here we go. I cooked 1/3 cup of couscous in 1/2 cup water with a little oil and garlic salt. I chopped up a carrot, 2 green onions, and about 1/3 of a bunch of cilantro (I don't know how much it was, it was about 1/3 of the bunch you buy in the store). When the couscous was done, I mixed in the vegetables and a bunch of spinach. Then, I added some lemon juice. That's it. It was just a couscous salad.

If I do this again, which I probably will, I think I will make a couple changes. First, of course, I would add some bacon or something. Yeah, bacon would have been smart. Also I think I would wilt the spinach first. That would make it a little easier to eat.

But, all in all, a good dinner, despite the lack of meat.

3 comments:

the House of Payne said...

I just made myself my first smoothie this morning. One banana, one orange, one carrot, six cubes of ice, and some juice. Pretty good. And I learned that making smoothies is really easy.

Bradwich said...

Isn't this an item in KoL?

David said...

Probably. I do get most of my vocabulary from video games.

I'm a Mormon.